Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japan





I broke my goal and did not post about a wedding memory yesterday. I will do two today. But before I do can we talk a little bit about the earth quake and tsunami in Japan?
So yesterday while I was feeding the baby my mom called me and told me about it. Steven and I have our TV hooked up to a computer to run the Internet through our TV so we don't get any channels therefore no news. After she told me about it I immediately went to cnn.com and watched the footage in horror all the while thinking how grateful I am that my little brother is still safe in the MTC in Utah and will not be in Japan until April. I knew there was absolutely nothing that I could do but watch. I started to think about what would have happened if my brother had been there and my body started shaking. There is really nothing that I can do to protect him ( I have always been very protective of him) and that scared me. It made me realize that the only thing that I can for him is to pray for him and through praying for him and his safety my faith will grow.
 My heart goes out to the many people there who are suffering. My dad served his mission in Sendai Japan and from what I understand that is where the most damage occurred. It's sad that sometimes it takes something like this for me to appreciate all I  have. I wish so badly that I could be there now to help out in some way. It makes me happy to know that the church, many other organizations and soon my brother will be there to lend a helping hand first hand.

1 comment:

  1. I had no IDEA this happened until late last night. The TV was on in a restaurant we were at, and I was like, WHAT??? It just makes me feel sick. I'm so glad your brother wasn't there yet.

    ReplyDelete