Monday, March 14, 2011

Wedding Memories

So the day of our actual 2 year anniversary, March 14th, I got sick... But I am still blogging about our wedding because I want to. I saw this on another blog and thought that it would be fun to do! I know that most of you know these stories but still... it's fun. There are 17 questions that hopefully I will be able to fill out today. 


1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
The story of how we met is basically all on our my sidebar but I will elaborate a little bit. 
We met at EFY as counselors in Flagstaff in June 2008. I remember seeing him and thinking that he was super cute but I could never be with him because... he was a croc wearer oh and he was way too cute for me. Yes. Just about the entire time we were at EFY he had on crocs and that was a huge deal breaker for me. Anyways each time that we talked we really connected. 

Technically, besides our big picture of all the couselors at EFY, this is our first picture we were in together.
These are some of the counselors in between EFY sessions at the Grand Canyon.







































This is our first picture with just the 2 of us. 
One specific time we were in Tatcher, AZ for a session of EFY. There were classes going on and we were suppossed to be in one of the classes watching the kids but instead we sat on a couch and sort of lost all track of time and just talked to each other like we were best friends. We both opened up and felt so compfortable with each other at one point during our conversation we even started crying... From that point on our relationship really grew and we started to become the best of friends but we really had no desire to be involved romantically. 
We both started dating other counselors from EFY but I am pretty sure that even though Steven lived a state away I still talked to him more than the guy that I was dating. We even teased about getting married and decided that we would be each others back up spouses. 
After the boy and I broke up I immediatly called Steven and joking I said, " Guess what, we can get married now!" I invited him to come to a concert to hang out... That night Steven texted me and said, "is it ok that I might have feelings for you?" At that point we decided that when he came out to see me we would try going on a date just to see what happened. Since we got along so well and were attracted to each other we thought that we owed it to ourselves.
  Our first date was on October 16th at Tum Nak Thai... Our first kiss was that night. 
We dated for 2 months before we got engaged... Mormons. You know how it is. 


2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?




The morning of the concert that I invited Steven to come to, we were talking in the car. Steven told me that he would not tell a girl he loved her unless he wanted to marry her. I thought it was sweet but did not think much more about it. 
That night however was the night before he was leaving. All of a sudden it hit me that he would be gone tomorrow and I started to get really, really sad. To the point of crying. I knew right then that I never really wanted to be without him. 
We ended up telling each other that we loved each other and we agreed that marriage was in our future. 
Us at the concert.

3. 
proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise?  pictures of that... etc.
We went to Utah together to go to Steven's best friends wedding. A month earlier Steven had talked to my dad about marrying me. My dad told him that he should hold off a little longer to let me grow up a little bit... My dad had a good point but we were in love and wanted to be married and we didn't see a point in waiting.
Apparently during our Utah trip Steven brought the ring. Steven is not one for big productions or really planning stuff like this out. He wanted to do it when it felt right, when it was just the two of us and he wanted to do it on this trip.
The night of his friends wedding reception he called my dad and basically told him that he was going to propose tonight and he asked him for his blessing.
That night after the reception we were walking around the SLC Temple looking at the Christmas lights that were still up. Steven pulled me over to a corner and popped the question.
I knew it was coming but I had no idea it would be that night. It was a total surprise.
It was perfect. Oh and he was wearing a tux... yeah...
4. the ring:  tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? 
So... in the two plus years since we got engaged I have had 3 rings. The first ring was really pretty but it was $15. It served it purpose so I loved it. At this time niether of us had any money. I told Steven that I would rather have a cheap ring and get engaged sooner than wait till we could afford a real ring. I don't think that I took any pictures of that one... 
A couple weeks later Steven gave me this ring. We never went ring shopping since we lived so far apart so I went onto a website, picked out 5 rings I liked and Steven choose this one. 
I loved it! It was gorgeous but... the diamond was man made and one day it fell and... the diamond broke... So, after that Steven and I went ring shopping for the first time. I picked out a ring that I fell in love with and for my Birthday last year Steven surprised me with it!
Yep. I love it more and more. I will hopefully have this ring for a looooong, looooong time. I am talking like forever. I LOVE it. 


5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
My cousin Tony took our pictures and we had a lot of fun. We took pictures at the temple, Mesa Arts Center, and Tempe Town Lake. 








































































































































































































































































6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
I chose "spring" colors. But as my main colors I had tiffany blue and yellow. 
On all the tables I had a different flower arrangements. I loved that they were so simple but beautiful.



































































































































































































































































7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
I never really had a clear vision of what I wanted my dress to look like. The only things I knew were that I wanted buttons down the back, I wanted to be comfortable and I wanted it white. As soon as I put this dress on I knew it was the one. 





8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
I won a raffle and got my necklace and veil for free. I actually was not going to wear a veil until I won the raffle. I am glad did because I think that it turned out really pretty. It had little crystals all throughout it. I loved my crystal and pearl necklace too. I also borrowed a crystal bracelet from my mom. 
My bridesmaids wore dresses that my aunt picked out from target. Finding dresses in the right color was really hard and now I just wish that I would have told my bridesmaids to wear something they found on their own that were my colors. But, I think that it turned out pretty good. 































Ok... I was planning on finishing all 17 today but... It's taking way too long. I will finish the rest tomorrow. I am so happy to be married to my love. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART! 





3 comments:

  1. yay!! i am so glad you did this! :) it does take a long time.. but it's worth it! so glad i finished! i love that our anniversaries are 1 day apart! i hope you are feeling better! happy belated anniversary Emily!

    p.s. your wedding was BEAUTIFUL. i absolutely adore your ring and dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kinda ridiculous how similar our dating/engagement stories are...I'm sure it has everything to do with EFY counselors and living in different states. Still! So much fun to see that it worked for someone else too and we aren't completely crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you were sick. Bummer. I love the colors you had for your wedding, and I remember getting your wedding announcement and thinking how cute the pictures were.

    ReplyDelete