Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hunger Games- A post that could be avoided all together.

Yes. I am doing a post about the Hunger Games (should I be embarrassed?).
Now before I get to my real point I just want to make it clear that I LOVE the books. I am not going to review the movie or even really talk about it. I did not love it.
The books to me are not all about a love story like the movie would suggest. The whole love thing plays such a minor part in the books (my opinion). I do not like that in the movie they focused so much on the "love triangle."
That being said, I have a pretty contradicting statement coming.... I love Gale.
I have not always loved Gale but after reading the books for the third time I fell for him. Then, seeing him in the movie... swoon. I mean REALLY?
 Now I will never say that I am team Gale. Because that just sounds like Twilight nonsense and I think that Twilight is a joke (says the mother obsessed with The Hunger Games). I will not dishonor The Hunger Games like that. All I can say it that I am pretty positive that Gale is better. In every way. I love me an underdog?
I do appreciate Peeta and I think he is a great boy. But to me he is just that, a boy. Love him, but I love Gale more and frankly so does Katniss. She told me. I mean, really. 
But, really? Let us not forget about this hottie...
Yep. I am pretty darn lucky.
I know that he would kill animals for me to keep me from going hungry, just like Gale would. Man oh man do I love me some Steven in his nerdy glasses. I am tired...

2 comments:

  1. I've always, always, always thought that Gale was the right boy for Katniss. I'm so glad someone else agrees with me! He's a MAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so glad I am not the only one too! There are so many girls who love Peeta fiercely who would hate that I love Gale... They don't even know what they are talking about.

    ReplyDelete