Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh what do you do in the summer time?

I know it is only April but trust me, it feels like summer here. 
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new ward? Everyone has been so nice and we have play dates every week, sometimes multiple times. This is not because I am super awesome and really good at making friends (not even close). It's just that everyone is sooo nice. Seriously. And it probably helps that I have  Mr. Winston. I don't know why but it's so much easier making friends when you have children. 
Anyways Last Friday I decided that it was my turn to host a play date. 
I called a few girls and invited them and their kids to come over and play in our sprinklers out back. Kind of ghetto, but it worked. I seriously need to get a kiddie pool and some fun sprinkler toys but the kids seemed to like the sprinklers... until they discovered the hose. Then they liked the hose.

 After playing outside we came in and had some grilled cheese sandwiches, pretzels and apple sauce.

After a few tantrums and sleepy eyes everyone said goodbye. 
As soon as all the kids left Winston went to sleep for 2 hours. 
Maybe we should do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment