Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Grad!!

My husband is officially an ASU grad! For weeks leading up to his graduation I found myself tearing up just thinking about them calling his name and seeing him walk across that stage (I'm pregnant remember?).
The day of the actual graduation Winston and I got to the stadium early and saved an entire row of (good) seats for our family. We had to fight off quite a few very angry people who got there too late to get a seat even close to the stage and could not believe that we would get there early to save an entire row of seats. I may have teared up a few times talking to them, too. They were very angry. But in the end everything worked out (thanks to my father in law who don't take no crap) and we were all able to sit together.
When I saw Steven get out of his seat to line up to walk across the stage I lost it. Lost it. And I could not get it together the rest of the ceremony. I have seen how hard he has worked, especially this semester, and it made me so happy to see him happy. Seeing him accomplish his goals is one the most fulfilling things I have ever experienced. Thank you to all those who were able to make it to the graduation. It meant so muh to us.
I am so incredibly proud of my husband. I am constantly impressed with his work ethic and determination to get things done. Working full time, going to school full time, providing completely for his family, spending time with family and tending to the needs of his pregnant wife and being a great dad, and also having a very demanding (but fulfilling) calling in our church. He is the best kind of man and the best example to our boys! (I love saying our boys.)
Now we are on to one of our new adventures as Steven enters the MAcc program at ASU for 9 months. During that time we will also be welcoming another mini Steven. We are so blessed and I am thankful that our family has felt so much love and support from those around us.
I think my husband is pretty great. And he is all mine.





















1 comment:

  1. For some reason...the picture of you 2 + the big yellow balloon where Winston's face should be just totally cracked me up. Hooray for graduation!

    ReplyDelete