Thursday, October 14, 2010

This body is not what it used to be.

26 weeks and 6 days
I realize that this may not be the best picture of my growing belly but standing up right now is a little beyond me...
So, to follow up with my last post... WE FOUND A CONDO! Whew. As soon as we found it and decided on it everything just fell into place and a week and 3 days after seeing it we moved in! Crazy that it all happened so fast! The worst part was saying goodbye to the ward and young women I have been with for a year and a half. I will miss them... BUT, I am so excited to be back in Mesa!
Moving on.
I just want to let everyone out there know who does not already know... If you are pregnant, and you are moving, don't. Just don't. Or, have your mom with you when you do so she can remind you to sit down and rest.
It's crazy but my body knows that I am pregnant but sometimes my mind forgets and I convince myself that I can pick up this box or that box no matter how much it weights. Or that standing up for hours is totally fine.
Today I will tell you... It is NOT fine. (I realize that I have been doing a lot of complaining but I can only use the "I'm pregnant" excuse for three more months. And I am milking it.) Sadly, I hardly did the amount of moving that my family did and especially Steven. He basically packed up our condo by himself. This morning he sent me an email that said, "I'm am really not too sore today!" Are you kidding me? My pregnant feet are swollen and standing on them makes me wince, and my back is... on fire? I am not sure how to describe it. Amazing how something like moving would really not have effected me before, now makes me feel like I got run over by a car. It's not fair. I think I am a little bit in denial that my body is any different. But, as you can see in the picture above, some things are definitely changing.
Over the last weekend my loving husband made me go to Victoria Secret to pick up my first (much needed) bra since being pregnant. Embarrassing. I am happy to report that I am now a full C cup. What? I feel so accomplished. Also, I am pleased to announce that I have FINALLY grown a booty. Yes, it is true. And my mother is so proud.
I will have pictures of our new place as soon as I get chance. But it won't be tonight. I have an appointment with the couch that I cannot miss.
*Thanks family for helping us move! You made it a much more pleasant process for us.

4 comments:

  1. You MUST put your feet up while sitting! It will help them not swell so much. If you're at the computer while working, put a stool under your desk to prop your feet on. Make sure you drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water daily. You can take Tylenol, 500mg each, for your back pain. Just make sure they're not like contractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Wonder why we never see you guys!! I hope you are enjoying the new condo! How fun! Hope all is well with you two, sure sounds like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylee, we just moved in last night and Sunday was our last day in the ward but we didn't see you guys and we wanted to say good bye! We are planning on having a get together in our new place soon. We will let you know!!
    Mom... contractions? I have not even let myself think about those yet... I am pretty sure they are not contractions. Just the same old siatic nerve pain and lifting things that I should not have. I am just sore. Poor, poor me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, moving SUCKS. I'm glad your mom made you rest. Pregnancy is soooo hard. I can't believe you're already six months along! That is going soooo fast! What I discovered with pregnant swollen feet was that there wasn't a dang thing I could do to make them better. So I just went with it. Yeah, they hurt, but not as badly as everything else in my body hurt. Just make sure your blood pressure is behaving itself. Sometimes severely swollen feet are a warning sign of really high blood pressure, which is dangerous. I would go to those blood pressure kiosks in grocery stores whenever I went, just to make sure that all was well.

    ReplyDelete