Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Girl, Hailee

Easter Sunday also happened to be my best friend, Hailee's, Birthday as well! I love just about everything about that Hailee girl. I still remember the first day that she walked into my Sunday school class and sat down. She was SO SHY! I had a really hard time with shy people for some reason so I didn't pay much attention to her. (I am so sorry that I was such a brat Hailee). I will never forget that first time that we hung out. At the time my friends and I were obsessed with making movies. One day during the summer I invited Hailee and another friend to come over to swim and make a movie. I gave Hailee a roll that looking back on it now was just plain mean, and we all dressed up in our costumes. Hailee was so shy and awkward and just thinking about the video makes me laugh. I wish so bad that I could find it! Anyways, our brothers became friends and Hailee and I would hang out here and there and see each other every week at mutual and church. One day, our sophomore year, I got a call from Hailee asking if her and her date could be in our date group. Of course I said yes! Somehow after that dance something just clicked for us and we were inseparable after that. We spent everyday together that Christmas break (when we could) and every day after that of our high school years. I basically adopted her family as my own. I love her and her family so much! I am so lucky to have them. I just wanted to give her a little shout out and maybe post some pictures from the past? Yes. I think that will be good.









Now for the grand finally! This video is a taste of what  a typical night for Hailee and me was. The lighting is bad but the content is superb.

Happy belated Easter Birthday Hailee!

2 comments:

  1. Although both of you are great performers, I think the hula dancer in the back steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. You are talking about Boo Tubba. He made it all the way from Hawaii for Hailee from ME!

    ReplyDelete