Thursday, February 16, 2012

My funny Valentine.

I love Valentines Day. I always have and always will. I think that it is important that you show your love on a daily basis, however Valentines day gives us an opportunity to not only show your love but to celebrate it. And I think it's awesome. I really seriously and truly do not understand for the life of me how someone could hate Valentines day as so many claim that they do. A day to celebrate love is the best! Anyways...
Steven and I have decided that we are going to alternate who does Valentines day. This year was Steven's turn.
Steven has been really wanting to get a new bigger and better TV. I don't have a problem with the one that we currently have and don't see a need in getting a new one. However, I am not against the idea. Getting a new TV is just more for Steven than me. 
The night before Valentines day Steven told me that I had to go into our room and not come until the morning so that he could set up a Valentines surprise for me. 
I got in bed and read while I waited for him to do whatever he was doing. 
He came into the room acting like he was so tired and said,
"That was  heavy."
Then snuggled up next to me and whispered into my ear,
"You wanted a 42" right?"
... I immediately sat up and angrily asked,
"Did you really just get ME a TV for Valentines day? ME?"
He just laughed and said I would have to wait till the morning. 
The morning came and as I walked out from our room I looked over at the entertainment center fully expecting to see a brand new TV there. Instead I found these sitting on the kitchen table...
So tricky... and AMAZING! He actually went and picked everything out on his own and he even remembered my size. And the best thing is that he picked out things that I LOVE. 
So in total there are:
4 shirts
1 pair of pants
2 pairs of earrings
2 necklaces
and 2 pairs of shoes. 

He makes me feel so loved everyday and I kind of love it that he spoils me. 
Oh... He also got Winston something that I do not have pictured yet. 
He got Winston... baby crocs. But not just any baby crocs. The fuzzy kind. 
Uh my heart!
The fuzzy crocs makes everyones (even babies) feet smell so, so, soooo bad. 
I must admit though that anything that comes in baby sizes are adorable. But these crocs... They are so ugly that maybe they are cute? I don't know... but I am seriously having a hard time putting them on my kid. Give me time. Maybe. 

Anyways Steven came home and made one of our favorite meals that will most definitely give us heart attacks- hot dogs wrapped in bacon drenched in sauce. Heaven. And I made strawberry cupcakes with strawberry whipped cream frosting- a Valentines day tradition in our home. 
The best thing is that our Valentines celebration is not even over yet! 
Tomorrow we are dropping the kid off at my parents for a sleepover and we are going to do whatever the heck we feel like... Probably dinner and a movie. And stay out as late as we want (probably no later than 10:30) and sleep in as late as we want (probably no later than 7:00). It will be magical. 
Then Saturday our guy friends and kids are coming to our house while us ladies enjoy a "Galentines" night out and treat ourselves to mani/ pedis and dinner. 
See? How could Valentines Day be anything less than magnificent when you are married to Steven Hale.




1 comment:

  1. I love that he made you go away so he could set up. That is so sweet. Sadly, I was one who used to hate V-day (when I didn't have a valentine). I called it SAD - Singles Awareness Day. I was bitter. :)

    ReplyDelete