Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lesson learned.

I have been working part time for a project at the company I worked for before having Winston. Whew! Last week the project came to an end. While waiting for more work I have had a lot of time on my hands. Just this morning, while Winston was taking a nap, I was thinking to myself, "hmmm... I am kind of bored"
Someone heard me.
At 11:00 I got a call from the 1st counselor in the relief society presidency. Please keep in mind that I have been in this ward exactly one month, have no calling, and know probably 5 people.
I have been put in charge of putting together enrichment (which apparently is now called "additional relief society meeting"... ?) in two weeks. TWO WEEKS.
I have been asked to organize a musical/choir/ skit performance. This includes finding people and putting together a choir, musical instruments, finding people to narrate the skit, and practicing as much as possible.
I play the violin and piano. Although I love singing, I am not a singer and have never been in a real choir. Just the ward choir and that hardly counts.
Even though I am completely overwhelmed and a little intimidated I am very excited.
I am bound to make lots of new friends in this ward and this is the perfect way to do it.
This will cure my bordem and then some. This will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment