Monday, June 18, 2012

My baby daddy.

Of all the men in the entire world I chose Steven to be my husband and the father of my children.
As I watch him interact with our son my heart swells with pride and I am so happy that we are able to have a family together and be with each other forever.
Winston is so lucky to have a father who loves him so much and is such a good, hard working, loving man. 
I hope that Winston learns from his amazing example. 

The poem below has special meaning for Steven. I love it and thought it would be appropriate to put on a post about fathers. It always brings tears to my eyes... 

Walk A Little Plainer,

Daddy

Walk a little plainer, Daddy,
Said a little boy so frail.
I'm following in your footsteps,
And I don't want to fail.
Sometimes your steps are very plain,
Sometimes they are hard to see,
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

I know that once you walked this way
Many years ago,
And what you did along the way,
I'd really like to know.
For sometimes when I am tempted,
I don't know what to do.
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For I must follow you.

Someday when I'm grown up,
You are like I want to be.
Then I will have a little boy,
Who will want to follow me.
And I would want to lead him right,
And help him to be true.
So walk a little plainer, Daddy.
For we must follow you.

Author Unknown



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE Winston's faces. So, so funny. And have I ever told you that my son, Gage, is Steven's doppelganger? I'm not kidding. Every time I look at him, I go, You are Steven's twinner. And then my daughter looks like Kregg. Soooo weird. Would it be too much to ask for a child to look like me?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I totally think he does look like Steven! Apparently those Hale genes are super strong.

    ReplyDelete