Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Past Present & Future

Lately I have been so focused on the past and the future, that I have been forgetting to enjoy/ appreciate/ BE IN the present. 



Right now, in this moment, I am so happy that the weather is finally starting to get cooler. I love that I have a husband who takes his roll as a husband, father and provider very seriously. I love that as soon as Steven comes home from work he takes Winston outside to play football. I love that I have an almost 2 year old who is discovering new things and words every day. Who is so busy that I can almost see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to understand the world around him. I am happy to be a family of 3, for now. Where I can give Winston my full and undivided attention without the need to give my attention to other children. I don't know how long this phase will last but I know that I will miss our one on one time when it is gone someday.
So. Basically I have just decided to still remember the past, plan for the future and BE IN the present.
And to close I would just like to use one of my favorite quotes about being in the present from a pro golfer that Steven introduced me to, Ben Crane,
"I am speaking to you, as we speak, from the now, in the middle of the now. "
Doesn't make sense? Please watch this video and laugh and enjoy being in the moment, for me.

1 comment:

  1. It really is such a trick to "live in the now," as Garth from Wayne's World would say... I love Winston's little pidgeon-toed running. What a babe. And I'm jealous that he is speaking so much. Gage says one thing - "There go." I'm a little worried.

    ReplyDelete