Thursday, February 14, 2013

V- Day!

Feb. 14th is a particularly special day over here.
#1- Today is Arizona's Birthday. I have mad AZ pride. It's a little unhealthy...
#2- Today is the day that my parents were married 20 something years ago...
#3- and obviously Valentines day! I love Valentines Day and always will.

Since our anniversary is exactly one month after V day, we switch off every year who does what. For example, this year I am in charge of Valentines Day and Steven is in charge of our anniversary. Next year we will switch. I LOVE that we do this.
This morning Steven got up with Winston and let me sleep in until 6:15. Yes, I did say sleep in. We are early risers over here.
I "decorated" the house last night. Which means that I threw around some streamers and put a table cloth on the table. Really, so much effort...
It looks so sad...
Anyway. I got up and made some cinnamon rolls with pink frosting and red sprinkles (and by I made I mean that I got the store bought kind and threw them in the oven. Really nailing it over here. But I do take credit for turning the frosting pink and the sprinkles) with bacon, and eggs. Everyone enjoyed it so I dub it a success.
The aftermath...
And since Steven has been so so so busy lately I decided that we needed to go on a relaxing date. So... for V Day I got HIM a gift certificate for 2 pedicures. And already made the appointment for tomorrow. He said he is excited for it but let's be honest, I benefit just as much as he does from this. Tonight I have a special dinner planned full of hearts, red, and pink!
Oh and should I mention that I love my husband? I can't say it enough and feel really repetitive but gosh I am so happy to be committed forever to such a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment