Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kids.

Dear Steven,

I just want to let you know that you have been doing a HORRIBLE job lately pretending that you don't like kids...









I want to let you know that it is OK that you show you like kids because you know what... I like them too. We can still like other people's kids and not want any of our own right now, right? Just don't like other people's kids too much or you will freak out my mom. You know how she gets when we talk about kids. Someone is not ready to grow up and be a grandma. (That's OK because I am not ready to be a mom yet). It's OK that you tell every pregnant women that you know that we are jealous (because you are only going to be jealous if that is not us in 5 years, right?). So let your walls down, be free, love the children! And if you ever get baby hungry just think about that one time that I was holding Ella on my lap and everything on her inside wanted to be on the outside... all over my pants. It works for me every time.

Love,
Your wife and future (crazy) mother of your children
Emily.

4 comments:

  1. ha! i need to write a similar letter to my husband. he pretends he doesn't like babies, but he still holds my twin nieces even after they've puked on him several times.

    "be free, love the children!" i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks thou doth protest too much. :)

    ReplyDelete