Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Last year I was pregnant.

 One year ago today I was lying at home on my couch, on restricted bedrest because my body got very sick due to preeclampsia. I was trying to sleep through the day (pretty much the only thing I was allowed to do) and wait until that night at 9:00 when I was scheduled to go to the hospital to be induced. Around 10:00 am I received a call from the hospital that they had an opening and they were able to take me that afternoon at 2:00.
I was alone and I had way too many emotions running through me and the couch was seriously cramping my style and much against my Dr.'s orders I got up and very energetically began cleaning (looking back on this it was very stupid. When I got to the hospital my blood pressure was the highest it had ever been and they were threatening to give me magnesium if it did not go down. This meant I had to stay on my side until the baby came. Awful.). I took a few last pictures of my growing belly, and lovely swollen face, feet, and everything (swollen...ness is a symptom of preeclampsia)...







































And as a family of 2 we headed to the hospital to meet our son the next day. It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year since he was in my belly. I still miss being pregnant. As awful as it can be sometimes there is something so amazing in knowing that my body, MY BODY, was doing such an incredible work and fulfilling God's plan. I loved watching my body grow and change. It was nice having a break from constantly caring about how skinny I looked or how something flattered my body and just let it be. I am thinking that I will do this whole pregnancy thing again someday (this is not an announcement).
*Winston's first Birthday is tomorrow and you better believe that there will be an awesome post all about our Birthday activities. I love him a whole lot.*

No comments:

Post a Comment