Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter is my absolute favorite holiday. To me, Easter is the most joyous holiday. I cannot wait to teach my son all about what Christ did for him.

This year was spent with lots of family and we ate too much food and had countless Easter egg hunts.

On Saturday Steven's oldest sister and her 2 girls came over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt in our backyard. That one egg hunt turned into about 10 egg hunts. Our oldest niece, Ella, was really into hiding and finding the eggs. This was my fist time hosting a holiday and I think it went well!






{My first ham! And it tasted sooo good.}
 We have 8:00 am church so I woke up at six to put the finale touches on the baskets and get breakfast ready. For the first year since being married I did not make Steven go on an Easter egg hunt. With the 10 egg hunts the day before and church being at 8 it did not seem like the best idea ever. Next year for sure.
{Steven's basket is the blue one in front, mine is the pink one in the back and Winston's is the other one...}

{it's tradition to take pictures of Steven and now Winston's first reactions to their baskets.} 


{He loves Easter.}

{Easter morning breakfast consisting of eggs, ham, a roll, and strawberries}

{All dolled up and ready for church.}
 After church and some naps we went over to my grandparents house for dinner and yet another Easter egg hunt ( we can not got enough of those). I don't have many pictures of Winston hunting because he would find one egg, sit down, open it, eat the candy inside, and then go get another one and do the same thing over again. This is as good as it gets.
 He found a wagon which got his full attention the rest of the egg hunt. 





{Winston is into this new thing where he digs in Steven's ear.}

{Our family and a very cheesy smile.}

{The "grownups" observing the children hunt the eggs. The weather was PERFECT and we all stayed out until the sun went down.}

{My aunt busted out the parachute and the children (and Steven) loved it! This was my favorite thing about elementary school. Too bad it was broken by the end of the night. But check out that sunset. Cotton candy pink clouds are so pretty.} 

{Winston and his wagon}

{Steven and my brothers. Notice my cousins face and stick in the background. This was taken just second before he began to beat them with the stick.}

{King of the hill}

I am already excited for next Easter!

P.S. I forgot to mention that in Relief Society, right after sitting down, I was asked to play my violin at the end of the lesson. A song I had no time to practice... So I went home, and grabbed it, tuned it, and went straight back to church. Luckily I was asked to play my favorite hymn, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and it was easy to sight read. I just wish I had more time to practice. It could have been a lot better and I was kind of embarrassed with how it turned out... But I did it and it was fine... The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment