Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Makeup- Giveup

Tonight I really noticed for the first time that hate the way I look without make-up on. Ridiculous, right? Like, i hate it. When I go in for my nightly face wash I can't even look at myself in the mirror without feeling a little disgusted.
It just hit me how dumb it is that I only feel beautiful IF my face is slathered in make-up. Now, in reality I really don't wear much at all. Just some concealer under my eyes, eye shadow, eye liner (sometimes), and mascara. But it is those things that I heavily rely on to make me feel beautiful. I don't want to feel this anymore. I have no issue at all with make-up. Just so long as it is enhancing, NOT covering beauty, and you can feel comfortable when it is off. That's important.
The fact that I am repulsed by my own naked face is sad. It really is. I want to love my naked face for what it is and not worry so much about make-up making me pretty.
This brings me to my point of this post.
I, EMILY ZOE HALE, HAVE DECIDED THAT STARTING ON AUG. 15, 2012 to AUG. 22, 2012 I AM NOT GOING TO WEAR ANY MAKE-UP (with the exception of a little under eye concealer and lip gloss) IN AN EFFORT TO LOVE MY NAKED FACE AGAIN.
When I was in high school I would have LOVED and embraced that challenge. I went through a little bit of a hippie phase or "lazy phase." Make-up made a rare appearance on my face, showers happened once a week (maybe) and shaving my legs happened less than that... I loved my naked face then and I will love it again.
So to finish off this post, here is my naked face. For the world to see.

I guess I could have taken this picture with my camera instead of my computer to try to make it a little more flattering but there you go! Naked face Emily.

Let the challenge begin!

7 comments:

  1. Im the same way!
    The other day I passed a mirror and wanted to scream at the scary face.
    I have been slowly putting on less and less makeup so I can get use to it again.
    I wear about as much as you minus the concealer. in high school I dont think I ever wore make up and if I did it was for pictures or something.
    We are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always beautiful - I don't think i even noticed last night. You always look hot to me sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't look hot to me, but you are always beautiful. Even with moon boots and braces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that you are doing this. I went without makeup my entire senior year of high school and never once missed it. It does make me sad now when I realize that I'm somewhat disgusted, like you said, when I look in the mirror at my splotchy skin with dark circles and no mascara...I also don't wear a lot of makeup, but for some reason it seems to make a difference. Maybe someday I'll be more brave and do what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! SO many girls feel this way! And it's so sad! I have moderate acne and I will never leave the house without foundation. I hate it. I'm ready to take this challenge on too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! SO many girls feel this way! And it's so sad! I have moderate acne and I will never leave the house without foundation. I hate it. I'm ready to take this challenge on too!

    ReplyDelete