Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hello there

I do have some great things to blog about (Father's Day, 4th of July, getting a new car...) but instead I am going to write about what is on my mind right this very second. And it seems to be on my mind most every minute of every day lately. And that is my family.
I can't wait to have another boy. Can. not wait.
In my dream world I would have 1 or 2 more little boys.
Imagining them playing together is the sweetest thing ever to me.
Winston is now acknowledging that there is a baby in my belly but what that really means to him is just that he knows where to point when I ask where the baby is. His world is going to be rocked pretty soon. He is going to love it (I hope).
I feel so blessed to be at this step in my life. I really do feel like I can do almost anything (except bend over, run, put my wedding rings on...).
I am so excited for the future with my boys and especially with my husband. He treats me so well.
Winston is such a ray of sunshine in my life. He is now forming full sentences that are actually making sense. He plays really well with others (unless someone steals his toys. Then it's an all out brawl to get them back).
Winston with one of his best friends at the zoo.
He is showing a bossier and funnier side which will both be great for him in his role as a big brother.
He loves to sing. At church every Sunday he opens up the hymn book and pretends to read the songs and sings so sweetly.
We just transitioned him into a "big boy" twin sized bed. Whenever someone comes over he loves to show them his new bed. He is pretty proud.
He is also getting to the stage where he is showing more interest in the potty.
I plan on training him after we go to the beach in 2 weeks.
Since Steven is not coming with me this year, and I am pretty pregnant the thought of rushing from the beach to the beach house to make it to the toilet is not a good idea to me. Plus he will be totally out of his element and off his routine and I just think it would be more frustrating than anything.
The kid is OBSESSED with chick-fil-a. A true Hale. Whenever I ask him what he wants to eat it's also the same thing, "chick-fil-a, mom." Whenever we drive up to it (which is way more often than I would ever care to share) he freaks out. It is so exciting to him every time. His chicken is his favorite part of chick-fil-a but a close second is making new friends in the play place. He calls everyone he meets in there his friend. It's adorable.
 He makes me laugh all day long with the things he does and says. Like,
me: "Winston, are you poopy?"
Win: "Yeah mom, P.U."

He has also been playing pretend in his room by himself more and more lately. All this kid needs is a good book and he will "read" to himself. I have tried to video tape this but he catches me every time and he gets embarrassed.
And back to the baby...
I am so excited that we have finally given this baby a name. It's a good strong and classic name that we don't plan on sharing until he is born. :)
I can't wait to see his little face and hold his tiny body.
We are so ready for him to be here. Seriously. Now that the crib is set up all I need to do now is wash and hang up/ fold his clothes.
We are so excited for the chaos and peace a new baby brings, and the added element of having a 2 year old will be even more of an adventure.
I love this family my husband and I are creating.
We are super duper lucky.

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute and it sounds he will make a great big brother =)

    your bump is tiny and you look great!!

    Our girl is named and we are keeping it secret also!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete